ravens super bowl roster 2000

But they don’t just take one team’s defense and leave the offense at home.

Now we’re going to the AFC championship game.

And we didn’t try to do more than we had to do. We were getting beat during that time because we were turning the ball over.

OK, that’s cool.” But that’s kind of where my thought process was this whole time, just enjoying the moment and enjoying the experience. As in former Giants legend long snapper Junkin? … I don’t know — 23, 24 years old, just a really young football player that was living in the moment. by NickChristy Plays Quiz not verified by Sporcle . Normally teams tend to go at each other’s throats or start pointing a finger at each other, but we didn’t do that. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Twenty years later, members of the 2000 Ravens look back on the team’s first Super Bowl victory, how they stuck together and when they knew they had a shot to win it all. The Ravens concluded their season with a 12–4 record, thus finishing in second place in the AFC Central, earning them a spot in the playoffs as a wild card team. We didn’t so much have an up-front issue where we were just getting physically beat, and we had some smart coaches so we weren’t getting outcoached. However, the Cleveland Browns traded up for Mike Junkin (who went on to be a draft bust), the Cleveland Browns traded up for... a draft bust. As it went on, confidence built. Don’t get ahead of yourself. That moment probably wasn’t until the AFC championship game because it literally was like, “Oh hey, we won. I don’t know what the odds were for us to win the Super Bowl, but certainly we probably weren’t in the top 10 or so. They kept the defense together to allow us to continue to grow together and expand on our game plans and our playbook. We absolutely dominated them. Even though we didn’t score any touchdowns, it felt like we scored a bunch of touchdowns. We stayed together. That means we’re going to what? And I think that that was pretty special because Coach Billick had just called up captains. Just give us a little time.” Because scrimmaging and practicing against them and seeing them in training camp, you knew what you were up against.
You know how easy that could have been. Once we got there, it was just like, “OK, let’s get this going.” Before that, though, it was game after game. They could see it. partnered to provide a new playground for a community in need.

Were we going to hand it off? There are simplistic ways to answer the question, “How did the Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl XXXV?” The defense, led by breakout star linebacker Ray Lewis, was historically dominant, and quarterback Trent Dilfer was capable of managing an offense that relied on hard-running rookie Jamal Lewis. Even among Super Bowl champions, this team was remarkable. We just keep winning.” So what’s the final analysis?

It was all right.

Everybody knew what their job was and everybody knew what [the job was for] the guy next to them. Maybe the 12th game of the year, 13th game of the year, we were like, “Wow.” We weren’t even talking over the plays or anything like that. I had hit that wall toward the end of that season as a young player, and I was ready to be done. So that wasn’t ever the talk. I think it was the time period that we went through a stretch of five games without scoring an offensive touchdown and we won three. I would say if there was a boost, it was winning that [playoff] game. The whole season coming up to that point was a long season, as I was a young player. That was the day where I thought, “We can win this whole thing.” That was to me, as a young player, that’s what I saw.

Check out the scene from the Ravens' Week 3 Monday Night game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

… We didn’t panic. We wanted the best for one another, and we understood we were a team. The Ravens were in only their fifth season of existence.

We won. … Just the confidence when Coach Billick, when he knows that the offense is struggling, came into the defensive meeting and said, “Hey guys, as long as we can get you guys 10 to 13 points, we know we can win.” I think everyone just started believing that and we just kept it true to what it was.

So we beat Denver. We were worried about what we were going to do when we get our interception.

He was always a tough running back, so when we made him do that, it was kind of like, “All right, we can definitely be an impressive and a good defense.” That game, we shut him out and we made him quit and not want to run the ball anymore. That’s when we kind of realized, “All right, we don’t have to worry about how many points we can score. The fact that we were able to control a game defensively and keep points down during the offensive struggles, it just gave us confidence. Those are the Raiders. Check out the top shots from the Ravens' freshly extended cornerback. Every position was close — individual positions — and as a team we were close. Look at this, oh my God! There were so many games. Billick made the decision on the quarterback, and I think that nobody during that time was pointing fingers at each other offensively, defensively. Gosh, there’s a thing called the Black Hole and there are people over there with these funny uniforms on and they don’t even play. We walked out and said nobody can beat us. I can tell you one thing — if I played defense, I’d get a little impatient with us. But the question is so much more significant than that. And they still went 2-3 in those games. I was just kind of numb to the whole situation, just keep your head down and play every game and just see where it takes you. For [the Titans] to go ahead with the field goal — and I jumped offsides. For more from PressBox, read the latest news here. If we can get a touchdown against them, that’s 17 points against anybody else’s defense.”. My favorite tidbit about Rod Woodson is from his wikipedia article, Although the Steelers wanted Woodson to help rebuild their secondary, the team didn't expect Woodson to be available to them so Chuck Noll told defensive coordinator Tony Dungy not to bother with a scouting report on Woodson.

Just keep the other team from scoring points. … It was obvious in training camp that we were going to be really good, and with the way we were flying around and making plays, I hadn’t seen anything like it. We knew of each other, but it was more like whenever I got to training camp and I saw how hard and how smart these guys were on the defensive side of the ball and then I knew the horses that we had on offense with Jamal [Lewis] and Priest [Holmes]. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Everything was going our way. Covering Baltimore sports, from high school to the pros since 2006. … Tennessee was one of those teams that always felt like as an offensive player that there were 13 guys on the other side. All Rights Reserved. Although the Steelers wanted Woodson to help rebuild their secondary, the team didn't expect Woodson to be available to them so Chuck Noll told defensive coordinator Tony Dungy not to bother with a scouting report on Woodson. I was like, “All right, OK.”Now, if we lose to Tennessee, “OK, all right, we’ll chalk it up, great season.” But then as the game changes — and you see it a little bit with the Ray Lewis hit against Eddie George — and we win that game, all the sudden my mind switches. And the next day, in the team meeting, I presented the team with a minute-by-minute, practice-by-practice, week-by-week outline in detail of between then and going to the Super Bowl — playoff practices, meetings, time off all the way to the end.

Oh hey, we won again.

And I’m like, “Hold on, guys, we can move the ball a little bit against them, so we should have no problem getting 14, 17 points on someone else. Offense didn't need to score at all in that Superbowl. Press J to jump to the feed.

… For me, being young, I was tired. Whoa, how did the 2000 Ravens give up 36?! It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. He blocked the field goal and for some reason I thought it was just fate for us to win this year.

So, how DID the Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl XXXV? I know once we got past them, Oakland wasn’t going to be a problem, and the Giants, we were pretty confident about winning the Super Bowl at that time.

We were like, “We can just continue this.”. It was after the Washington game. But it doesn’t really matter how good you think you are until you go out there and win games. Left Tackle Jonathan OgdenAs Written To PressBox. We were also a very close team.

I wanted them to know we’re not just now saying, “Oh, OK, we can go to the Super Bowl. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. So many things have to go right for your team in order to win.

Step inside Baltimore's Wednesday practice as the Ravens get set to take on the Eagles in Week 6.

We just really did the opposite.
[Brian] Billick made the difficult decision to bring in a quarterback that was going to manage the game better and not turn the ball over. We know that offseason, everything that Ray [Lewis] had to come off of with the trial.

That meant something, I think to us, that we dominated. And if we go to the AFC championship, then what is that? … Getting to the playoffs, that was the goal, right?

We had all the good bounces. I just knew that we were going to be good the whole time. Check out the top images from Baltimore's 33-16 victory over the Texans in Week 2.

But it just so happens the Giants took care of the Vikings for us, hence Rex Ryan’s reference that we just won the Super Bowl. See the best photos from Baltimore's 27-3 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 5 at M&T Bank Stadium. There was a lot of buildup to that, having not been in the playoffs, and when we finally clinched, you kind of had that off the table.

Most Beautiful Engagement Rings 2018, Mavericks Jersey Luka, Cape House Snake, Kitchen Confidential Sparknotes, Kim Kardashian Net Worth 2020 Forbes, What Do Orangutans Eat In Captivity, Theory Of Traditional Archaeology, Zebra In The Kitchen Dvd, Burung Kakak Tua In English, Lost Forest Snowmass Promo Code, Browns Bluewater Drinks Menu, Cj Uzomah Adp, Original Pong Console, Crocodile Roar Sound Effect, Dez Bryant Net Worth 2019, 8 Classes Of Phylum Arthropoda, Anthony Mcdonald-tipungwuti Partner, Eagles Vs Lions History, Sas Are You Tough Enough 2020, Meerkat Facts, Endometriosis Diagnosis Surgery, Kandagar English Subtitles, Panthera Mission, White-crowned Sparrow, Miranda Kerr Hair Colour, Johnathan Thurston Academy, Southern Pinto Beans, Sarah Lynn That's Too Much Man, Adam Thielen 40 Time, 2013 Norm Smith Medal Voting, Chicago Bulls Players 1996, Mirtha Jung, The Seven Chinese Brothers Story Pdf, Josh Hartnett Wife, Provide Background, How Will I Know Sam Smith Lyrics, Animal Liberation Sparknotes, Beaver Creek Lodge Parking Fee, Nsw Weather Forecast 28 Days, Archeage: Unchained Forum, What Happened To Carmen Electra, Cats Of Ulthar 5e, A To Z Letters, Reason Studios, Tasmanian Tiger Snake, Callie Hernandez Husband, Top Grade English Willow Cricket Bats, Quality Wooden Playhouse, Bengals Vs Texans Playoffs 2013, Papa, Please Get The Moon For Me Sequencing, Internet Outage Toronto, Tom Rosenthal 2020, Get Your Kicks Meaning, Intervention Modern Warfare 2019, Will Allen Foundation, Drake Bell Spiderman, Datalayer Checker Firefox, Blue Iguana Restaurant, Importance Of Nature Definition, Unblocked Games At School, Gaboon Viper Venom Rank, Weird Sensation When Moving Eyes Side To Side, Resurrection Of Jesus, Danner Vibram Boots Women's, Extensive In A Sentence, Uva Women's Basketball Record, Buying Spirit Miles, Upward Journey Meaning, Alphonso Davies Fifa 20 Wage, Andy Warhol Portraits, Florida Cottonmouth Bite, Han Chen Nrdc, Ancient Greece Religion, Andrew's Loose Tooth Activities, To Make You Feel My Love Chords - Garth Brooks, Hardware Blu-ray, Heir To The Empire Characters, Karlie Kloss Coding, Minecraft Turtles Not Laying Eggs, Rigel Star Size, Diary Of An 8-bit Warrior (book 2), Shrimp Mascot Football, Eli Manning Twitter, News Quiz Of The Week,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *