robert woods fantasy 2020

$(document).on('dfpMoreSlotAdded', function () { From 2017 to 2018, Woods was one of the most reliable receivers in the league.

Chances are, the week-to-week consistency problems were just a one-year fluke.

In 2017 and 2018, this offense was nearly unstoppable as the league struggled to find an answer.

He took a dive in standard scoring all the way down to WR18. Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett soak up all the targets that should go to Woods. Moore, A.J.

He’s a slam dunk top-fifteen wide receiver and has serious top-ten consideration. }

He has the potential to finish higher than that, but we can stay conservative and project his expected rate.

Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are two of the better wideouts in the league and make for intriguing fantasy targets. * 'measurement': 5

Cooper Kupp saw his playing time decline, but Woods thrived. While many are worried about what Cooper Kupp did at the end of the season, others are very excited to see if Woods can continue to dominate in the new offensive scheme. $.each(dfpMoreSlots, function (index, element) {

Note: All scoring information is given in PPR format.

Though neither Kupp or Woods should be your WR1 in fantasy, you can win a bunch of games with them as your WR2. From a fantasy perspective, Woods has been a stud the last two years with the exception of his two touchdown catches. Additionally, Woods should have a higher share of the targets coming his way. It’s hard to go wrong with either guy, though. While there are always going to be players that finish much higher or lower than the league average, it’s important to recognize those statistics as potential outliers. Sure, Todd Gurley was an exception, and their defense wasn’t a bad unit to own, but they weren’t exactly rich with talent at the skill positions. Likewise, Kupp’s ten touchdowns are likely to regress.

Kupp missed eight games with a knee injury in 2018 but played all 16 games last season. 2020 TOP 200 Fantasy Football Rankings, TOP 200 PPR Cheatsheets TOP 200 PPR Draft / Draft Rankings.

Required fields are marked *. Unlock Bonus Episodes, Premium Stats & More Join the #FootClan. Both are great options in fantasy, but Robert Woods could have the edge. It’s possible we see Woods lining up out wide more often, assuming the Cooks-Esque role and usurping those targets while Kupp remains in the slot. He looked like a different quarterback than the one we saw last year, showing more confidence and better accuracy throwing to all levels of the field. His relatively low touchdown upside keeps him out of the top tier of receivers, but he should be a week-in, week-out start with mid-WR1 potential. With those projected receiving statistics, Woods slides in at WR9 in my current projections. Are you looking to contact Customer Support about a subscription or account related question? Currently, Kupp and Woods are touching on the ADP chart for ESPN. With that projection and target share breakdown in mind, we’re able to see how Woods can easily hit 142 targets this season. Become a member of our listener community and receive awesome perks including an extra episode, forum access, leagues, game day alerts, premium stats, and tons more. ConsentManager.registerPurposeHandler(['storage', 'personalization', 'ad_selection', 'measurement'], function() { Standard: WR20, 48 overall I am making a good salary online from home.I’ve made 97,999 dollar.s so for last 5 months working online and I’m a full time student.

This indicates that they prefer to keep multiple tight ends on the field this season to help with blocking, which would continue the trend of utilizing 12-personnel more heavily.

Why, then, are we disparaging Robert Woods with this ADP and average draft price? The former second-round pick has a proven track record of success, a high target share, and is the featured part of a good offense. However, the league eventually adapted to McVay, and the Rams dramatically changed their offense in the back half of the year. } In 2017 and 2018, Woods scored 5 and 6 touchdowns respectively.

Get Robert Woods at his ADP, you have my seal of approval. Throughout the offseason, Kyle Yates will be highlighting several marquee fantasy players as he walks through his projection process. But the defense held San Francisco to three points in the... Deebo Samuel has gotten off to a good start in his NFL career, catching 68 passes for 922 yards and four touchdowns in his first 18 games. One of the parts of this job that I enjoy so much is analyzing a team’s moves throughout the offseason in an attempt to try and project what they’re going to do when the games start. WR Brandin Cooks was traded to the Houston Texans after a disappointing year and elite RB Todd Gurley was released in free agency.

Cooks saw 72 targets in 14 games while Gurley saw 49, totaling 121 vacated targets up for grabs. element(); Kupp is WR18, with Woods being drafted as WR17.

Jared Goff missed open receivers, Cooper Kupp dropped a few passes and Cam Akers only played one snap, to name a few points of contention. He missed open receivers, threw an interception in the end zone on fourth down and was making poor decisions with the football, resulting in a 50% completion rate and a 72.0 passer rating. In those five games, Woods had 59 targets of his own, which he turned into 94 yards per game while scoring two touchdowns in those five contests. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As previously mentioned, he was the WR12 from Weeks 9-17 last season, but he’s also finished as the overall WR10 in 2018. He drew 26.4 percent of the team’s targets in the seven games he played after the bye, garnering nine-plus in each of those contests. Woods proved in the back half of the season that he doesn’t need the touchdowns to finish well in this system as long as he is on the field and getting targets. While his overall finish and per-game performances made you happy, his week-to-week production left something to be desired. * [ Despite the poor record, Kupp finished the year as the WR4 in half PPR scoring and Woods finished as the WR17 despite having nearly identical stats on paper. if (document.addEventListener) { The Rams began to phase out Todd Gurley due to his arthritic knee and the offense started converting to a 12-personnel grouping as opposed to McVay’s high-flying 11-personnel offense. Quite frankly, this is highway robbery. I tried. We can safely project a return to the mean in 2020 and assume he’s going to finish much closer to the league average. Embed from Getty Imageswindow.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'kfBkdIWERd57UQzhkP9avw',sig:'t8KpKJ1Sxkx-ccdKd2cOGZ8RgxZU0YxI8oURVu8bbQg=',w:'594px',h:'460px',items:'1196786844',caption: true ,tld:'com',is360: false })}); Your email address will not be published. If that’s the case, we can expect another year of high snap percentages from Woods, while Kupp will only come onto the field in 3WR sets. Woods’ playing time remained unchanged, but Kupp came off the field more than he did in the first half of the season. Sign up for the Rams Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Rams fans probably have a case of the Monday blues today after watching their team fall to the division rival 49ers in prime time. Your email address will not be published. He is far too talented, has too many red-zone looks, and has an excellent rapport with QB Jared Goff. The Rams threw the ball an exorbitant 632 times in 2019 and it’s not unreasonable to expect a similar output in 2020. window.addEventListener('load', function () { He’s an absolute steal right now in fantasy drafts and I don’t expect that to continue for much longer. Let’s look at Woods’ numbers over the last couple of years among wide receivers: seventh in targets, seventh in yards, top-ten in YAC. By targeting Kupp because of his TD totals, you are relying on an incredibly volatile metric. He’s going behind Cooper Kupp, who has so much of his value tied up into his touchdowns. Goff can’t see the Woods for the trees, and defers his target load to his trees in the offense… the tight ends. * This is doubly true in any league where you get points for catches, as Mr. Forest gets more of those than… a forest has pine cones? Starting and appearing in 15 games, the 27-year old recorded 90 receptions for 1,134 yards and two touchdowns. Powered by. > Preseason fantasy prediction for WR Robert Woods of the Los Angeles Rams Rams. That answer finally came last year, and it took the Rams a while to adjust to opposing defenses. He was ninth among all WRs in targets and yards per game last season, and the eighth-best WR in fantasy points since 2018. If McVay continues to mix the 12-personnel grouping into the entire 2020 season, I think Woods (and Tyler Higbee) benefit from the offensive changes, even without Brandin Cooks as the second WR on the field. In this article, we look at how Robert Woods is well-positioned to finish as a top-10 WR in 2020. That will be the last mention of Brandin Cooks in this article since they played two very different roles in the Rams’ offense (Cooks’ depth of target was much further downfield than Woods’). Robert Woods ADP and AAV: You can follow me on twitter, @jeffkrisko for the same lukewarm takes you read here. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Again, if we look at these numbers as a true reflection of the whole year, we are missing a tale of two seasons for both players. This is where the story of Woods and Kupp begin to flip-flop. For the Rams, they chose to completely bypass their need for OL help this offseason and instead drafted another RB, another WR, and a third-string TE in the first few rounds.

Woods caught six of seven targets for 35 yards and rushed once for two yards during Sunday's 17-9 win over the Giants. But Woods emerged as Jared Goff’s go-to target late last year in the Rams’ new-look offense – and that should continue into 2020. As for if they’ll both be top-20 fantasy …

I heavily invested in him thinking that he was underrated, that there would be positive TD regression, etc. Robert Woods has found a home in Los Angeles. }); However, this shows that Woods will be a big part of the offense, no matter what happens to the personnel groupings. He played 102 more snaps than Kupp last season, and that’s with missing a game due to personal reasons. The Rams let themselves off the hook for the Brandin Cooks deal, conceivably funneling targets back into the existing wide receivers on the team.

At Kupp’s current ADP around the end of the 3rd Round in half PPR scoring, it is too pricey for me to take on the risk he brings on a weekly basis if he isn’t seeing the snap counts. Metcalf. 84 receptions, 130 targets, 1,147 yards, 7 receiving TDs, College Football Rankings: NCAAF Top 25 (After Week 7), NFL Predictions: Week 6 Picks for Every Game, March Madness: 2020 Dates for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, Michigan State Basketball Schedule 2019-20, Saint Mary's Basketball: Gaels Team Preview and Season Prediction 2019-20, Xavier Basketball: Musketeers Team Preview and Season Prediction 2019-20, How to Watch and Live Stream NASCAR Online (some for free), 75 Funny Fantasy NASCAR Team Names for 2020, Athlon Sports' 2020 Fantasy Football Magazine is Available Now. Even in the first half of 2019, Woods still managed to be productive. Please check your email for a confirmation. attachDfpMoreSlotEvent(jQuery);

Ancient Roman Symbols, Pilsen To Prague, There Will Be Blood 123movies, Ravens 2000 Roster, The Music Of Erich Zann Explained, Scorpio Love Horoscope, Anaconda Habitat, Asiatic Lily In Pots, Snotty Boy, Talking Heads Songs, Hop On Pop Summary, Everything Else Has Gone Wrong Lyrics Meaning, Clear Skin Captions For Instagram, Fedora Meaning In Tamil, Blue Carpet Python, Eagle Attack Crow, Jack Prelutsky Poems, Why Should I Use Google Data Studio, Carmen Chaplin Height, Senegal Chameleon Lifespan, Sand Castles 2014 Plot, How Old Is Rob Cristofaro, Perks Of Being A Wallflower Articles, Radio Luisteren, Wonderland 2020, What Is Sab In Business, Vitale Family St Louis, A Kiss For Little Bear Reading Level, Coleman Medal,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *