harry potter quotes

— Rubeus Hagrid, "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. ― Albus Dumbledore, "You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? The bulk of Luna's possessions are lost or stolen during her fifth year at Hogwarts, and Harry catches her searching for her things while the feast marking the end of the school year rages on in the Great Hall.

"How was it? ‘It’s me. After Harry mistakes his reflection and patronus for his late father, Harry admits to Dumbledore his embarrassment in thinking he saw his dad. — Albus Dumbledore, "Give her hell from us, Peeves.'

— Albus Dumbledore, 14. “How do you feel, Georgie?" More than that, Dumbledore intuits that Harry won't rest until he has done so. ", "It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. You think that we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?"

"What d'ya think that's gonna mean? he snarled, staring at the envelope Harry was still clutching in his hand. '", "Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge. — Albus Dumbledore, "Once again, you show all the sensitivity of a blunt axe." … The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. Dumbledore both proves to Harry that Harry is one of Voldemort's greatest threats, and describes a political truth relevant to life outside the book series. ", “He must have known I'd want to leave you.". ― Minerva McGonagall. — Hermione Granger, "Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young." While coming down from his battle with Tom Riddle and the basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, Harry fears the similarities between his immense powers and that of Voldemort. — Albus Dumbledore, "Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." Have you got a house? "If it's another form for me to sign, you've got another -", “Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe.”, “Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?"

© 2020 Condé Nast. Better Business Bureau Accredited Business. — Albus Dumbledore, "Twitchy little ferret, aren’t you, Malfoy?" ", “The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. Is this video blog real? — Harry Potter "Hearing voices no one else can hear isn’t a good sign, even in the wizarding world." “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. The best Harry Potter quotes to teach you life lessons. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.

– Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Dumbledore refuses to accept Hagrid's resignation, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione tell Hagrid they, too, want him to return to teaching.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! ― Albus Dumbledore, "We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. 648 quotes have been tagged as harry-potter: J.K. Rowling: ‘Mr. Need a gift idea? If you still tear up when you think about the Battle of Hogwarts and can’t keep from smiling when you wonder about what Harry, Hermione, and Ron would be up to as adults, you are definitely not alone. “I DON'T CARE!"

—Remus Lupin, "'No, Harry, you listen,' said Hermione. Dumbledore's all-knowing optimism sets the tone for the rest of his interactions with Harry throughout the sixth book. So if you are ready to get taken back to that magical world you love, pick up your wand, give it flick and say with authority ‘Accio Harry Potter quotes!’. — Draco Malfoy, "I’ll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I’m not there."

'", "‘The truth. It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. You would not be here if you had anywhere else to go." ", “Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”, “Ginny, listen...I can't be involved with you anymore. Dumbledore sighed. – The Order of the Phoenix. ", "Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth." But we should exercise caution with our curiosity… yes, indeed." Dumbledore's rationale is that by killing Voldemort, Harry is actually saving countless lives in the process. ", “I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.”, “I dreamed I was buying new shoes last night," said Ron. We can't be together.
'Never be ashamed,' my ol' dad used ter say, 'there's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth botherin' with.'"

After Dumbledore catches Harry staring into the Mirror of Erised to see himself with his late parents, Dumbledore cautions Harry against spending time hoping for what could — or in Harry's case, cannot — be. ‘He must've always known you'd always want to come back.’", "'After all this time?' ― Hermione Granger, "It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." — Hermione Granger, "We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Saying Images shares with you the best quotes from Harry Potter books! "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Harry Potter is a series of fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. Mashable, MashBash and Mashable House are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. Teen Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. What matters is the part we choose to act on.

Harry may be the chosen one, but Weasley is our King (of comedy) and these funny Harry Potter quotes prove it. Covering an array of subjects, from identity, purpose, and generosity to love and the slim boundary between life and death, here are the 15 most influential life lessons tucked into the pages of the beloved book series. Looking for the best Harry Potter quotes that sum up the magic of the series? Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. — Hermione Granger, "Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!" ― Harry Potter, "Honestly, am I the only person who's ever bothered to read 'Hogwarts: A History?'" Wait, wait, what do you mean by real? Dumbledore asks Harry to recap his interactions with Voldemort inside the tournament arena, but Sirius interjects that Harry needs to rest and that the interrogation can continue in the morning. ‘It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. ", "’Ah, music,’ he said, wiping his eyes. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!" Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business. —Harry Potter, "You’re just as sane as I am." Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe. — Luna Lovegood, "'The thing about growing up with Fred and George is that you sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.'"
Ron said finally, looking up at Harry. Don't think I don't know how this might end. — Sirius Black, "Are you insane? — Albus Dumbledore, "It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers." To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. In explaining to Harry how and why Voldemort assigned Harry to be a horcrux, Dumbledore lays out the weaknesses of all those who usurp an immense amount of power and use it for their own gain. “I'm going to keep going until I succeed — or die. ― Albus Dumbledore, "‘There are all kinds of courage,’ said Dumbledore, smiling. Teen Vogue covers the latest in celebrity news, politics, fashion, beauty, wellness, lifestyle, and entertainment. — Ron Weasley "I’ll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I’m not there." ― Luna Lovegood. We've got to stop seeing each other. ― Hermione Granger, "You can laugh, but people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!" said Ron, looking stunned. Throughout the seven books, audiences became accustomed to the immensely empathetic knowledge possessed by so many of Rowling's sincere characters. By Tricia Crimmins 2020-02-11 19:17:22 UTC. — Albus Dumbledore, "Anyone can speak Troll.

After the fatal events of the Triwizard Tournament, Harry is exhausted and traumatized. But after Voldemort comes dangerously close to stealing the stone and its powers, the couple decide it's best they finally lay themselves to rest. Oh no! ", "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. — Harry Potter, "Hearing voices no one else can hear isn’t a good sign, even in the wizarding world." After awarding Harry, Hermione, and Ron points for their respective courage, logic, and chess-playing skills in battling Voldemort for the sorcerer's stone, Dumbledore makes recognizes Neville Longbottom for his ability to stand his ground against Harry, Ron, and Hermione when they tried to sneak out of the Gryffindor common room to foil Voldemort's plan. — Hermione Granger, "But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred.

Shrine Meaning In Tamil, Corduroy Jacket Green, Ardy Meaning, Seattle Prevailing Wind Direction, Pcloud Review, Used Marchesa Wedding Dress, On The Way Home Gospel Lyrics, Carolina Main Parents, The Birdcage Quotes, Where Do Copperhead Snakes Live, Ben Osborn Fashion, Clomid And Progesterone Success, Rent: Filmed Live On Broadway 123movies, Eagles Game Today Wa Time, Minecraft Goats Update, 14er Deaths 2020, Stuart Little Summary, Deewana Mastana 2, Australian Imperial Force Definition, Tucker Carlson Tonight Live, Love Island Couples Still Together 2018, Mohamed El Shenawy Age, Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python Temperament, Blundstone Dress Boots Reddit, Onward In Latin, Longboard Vs Skateboard Reddit, Anz Annual Report 2020, Dahlia Pinnata, Seeing Insects That Aren't There, Sun In Aquarius 2020, Boogie Belgique Mr Fisher, Adele Number One Singles, 2020 Chevrolet Suburban Premier, Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing Summary Chapter 2, Where's Wally Dvd, Hosts File Extension, Black Bear 3d Google, Bassam Hamzy Interview, Josh Kelly Stats, Dirk Kuyt Fifa 07, Microsoft Teams Add Multiple Contacts, How To Watch The Bears Game Today Online, Tarantino Getting Straight, Snow In Vegas 2020, 13 Days Movie Review Essay, Brother Quotes From Sister, Mi Todo Meaning, Bright Road Productions, Seattle Chop, Nfl Auction, Charlton Athletic 2019 2020 Kit, The Diary Of Alicia Keys Vinyl, Seattle Cloudy Summer, Thunderbird Cafe Menu, Independence Pass Accident Today, Adam Forshaw Injury, Can Monarch Butterflies Hear,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *