i was born about ten thousand years ago wiki

After this album, Presley would return to his usual practice of recording a seemingly random batch of songs on each trip to the recording studio, letting his producer assemble them into albums. [8], The bulk of the album came from five days of recording sessions in June 1970 which yielded 35 usable tracks. [6][7][8][9][10][11][12], Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas, Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread), http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/700604.html#04, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/690121.html, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/700608.html, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/710515.html, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/710315.html, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/710518.html, http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/710520.html, From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee, Elvis Presley: The Searcher (The Original Soundtrack), From Memphis to Vegas / From Vegas to Memphis, Amazing Grace: His Greatest Sacred Performances, Command Performances: The Essential 60s Masters II, Suspicious Minds: The Memphis 1969 Anthology, The King of Rock 'n' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters, From Nashville to Memphis: The Essential '60s Masters, Walk a Mile in My Shoes: The Essential '70s Masters, Peace in the Valley: The Complete Gospel Recordings, The Frank Sinatra Timex Show: Welcome Home Elvis, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Elvis_Now&oldid=972705949, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Articles with album ratings that need to be turned into prose, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz release group identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago", "Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)", Joe Moscheo - piano on "Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread)", Glen Spreen - organ on "Until It's Time For You To Go", This page was last edited on 13 August 2020, at 12:41. VERSE 1I was born about ten thousand years agoAn' there's nothin' in this world, that I don't knowI saw Peter, Paul and MosesPlaying ring around th rosesAnd I can lick th guy that says it is'nt soVERSE 2I saw Satan when he look th garden o'erI saw Adam and Eve driven from th doorAnd behind th bushes peepingI saw the apple they were eatingAnd I'll swear that I'm th guy that ate th coreVERSE 3I saw Jonah when he embarked within th whaleAnd thought he'd never live to tell th taleBut ole Jonah had eatin' garlicAnd he gave th whale th colicSo, he coughed up and let him out'a jailVERSE 4I saw Sampson when he laid th village coldSaw Daniel tame th lions, in the holdAnd to help build th tower of BabbleUp as high as we were ableAnd there's lots of other things I have'nt toldVERSE 5I taught Solomon his little ABC'sI helped Brigham Young to make limburger cheeseAnd while sailing down th bayWith Methusela, one dayI saved his flowing whiskers from th breezeVERSE 6Queen Elizabeth, she fell in love with meWe were married in Milwaukee secretlyBut I schemed around and shook herAnd I went with General HookerTo shoot misquites down in TennesseeVERSE 7I remember when th country had a kingI saw Cleopatra pawn her wedding ringAnd I saw th flags a'flyin'When George Washington stopped liein'On th night when Patty first begin to singVERSE 8So, you see I am an educated manTo keep my brains in my head I planCause I been on earth, so longThat I use to sing a songWhile Abraham and Issac played th bandVERSE 9I was borned about ten thousand years agoAn' there's nothin' in this world that I don't knowI saw Peter, Paul and MosesPlaying ring around th rosesAnd I can lick th guy that says it is'nt so, EO/AA/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, Board of Governors, Missouri State University. Three of them had been previously released on the LP Love Letters from Elvis. In 2008 Elvis Country was reissued on the Follow That Dream label in a special 2-disc edition that contained the original album tracks along with numerous alternate takes. Sourced from Keith Flynn. I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago This song is by Elvis Presley and appears… on the album Elvis Now (1972), on the album Walk A Mile In My Shoes: The Essential 70's Masters (1995), on the album Elvis Country (1971) In 2010 an extended version of the album was released as part of the FTD collector series. Harold E. Hunter, Eldorado Springs, Missouri on October 7, 1958. During the sessions, Presley and producer Felton Jarvis realized they had several countrysongs in hand and decided to record several more to create a full album of coun… Recorded at RCA Studio B in Nashville, it reached number 12 on the Billboard 200. [7], The lead single of the album, "I Really Don't Want to Know" backed with "There Goes My Everything", was released on December 8, 1970 and peaked at number 21 on the Billboard Hot 100, number two on the Adult Contemporary chart, and number 23 on the country singles chart. "Sylvia" and "I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago" were recorded during the Nashville sessions of June 1970 (the latter had been released in fragmentary form on the Elvis Country album). The rest of the songs were from more recent sessions held at RCA Studio B in Nashville in March, May, and June 1971. (a track that made its first LP appearance on the 1978 compilation "He Walks Beside Me"), and the unabridged version of "I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago" later released on Elvis Now. #0262 (MFH #690) - As sung by Rev. Unlike Elvis' other albums of that period (Elvis Country, He Touched Me and Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas, each dedicated to a particular genre) Elvis Now encompasses a variety of genres, including country, gospel, soul and pop. Presley performed every track "live", recording his vocal part in the same take as the band, as was standard practice for him. The bulk of the album came from five days of recording sessions in June 1970 which yielded 35 usable tracks. The June 14, 2004, compact disc reissue included six bonus tracks from the same sessions. Eight tracks from the session were released two months earlier in November 1970 on the That's the Way It Is album. Elvis Now is the sixteenth studio album by American singer Elvis Presley, released on February 20, 1972. Snippets of the song "I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago" act as a bridge between each track. I was born about ten thousand years ago There aint nothing in this world that I dont know I saved king davids life and he offered me a wife I said now youre talking business have a chair Yeah, I was born about ten thousand years ago Aint nothing in this world that I dont know Saw peter, paul and moses playing ring around the roses Despite the "now" in the title, the tracks on this album were recorded anywhere from one to three years before its release. [6] It was certified Gold on December 1, 1977 by the Recording Industry Association of America. The album was certified Gold on March 27, 1992, by the RIAA. It consists of the original 1972 album and a number of bonus tracks, originating from the 1971 Nashville sessions: two non-album singles from 1971 ("I'm Leavin'" and "It's Only Love"), a B-side from the upcoming "An American Trilogy" single ("The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face") as well as plenty of outtakes, including "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" informal jam, lasting more than nine minutes (its shortened version having been included on the 1973 Elvis album).

Eagles 2018 Rbs, Firefly July Publisher, Sweet Black Wine, Meerkats Facts For Kids, Arcimoto Specs, Hero Elementary Funding Credits, Byd Yuan Australia, Path Of Exile Acts, News Paper Images Hd, Been There Done That Meme, Where To Buy Botanical Prints, Andre Braugher The Wire, Dreamin Lyrics, Chelsea Rtc Trials 2020, Ahmedabad Stock Exchange - Wikipedia, Bbc News Contact Number, Bgi Genomics Stock Symbol, Las Vegas Climate Change, Death In Swansea, Meerkat Sentry, Two-striped Garter Snake Poisonous, Early Voting Kendall County, Illinois 2020, Ricky Martin Age, Cancer And Capricorn Compatibility, Kim Basinger, John Fleck Mt Horeb, Sfr Logo, Paul Robinson Art, Ushl Teams, Anathema In A Sentence, The Fairy Caravan Pdf, Guinea Pig Cages, Coypu Habitat, Arthur Jones Director, Write A Report For The School Magazine On The Book Week That Was Conducted In Your School, Scpi Commands, Will Elland Road Be In Fifa 21, Javascript Sliding Puzzle Game Tutorial, A Pizza The Size Of The Sun Pdf, Grenson Oxford, Who Should Southampton Sign, Tree Of Heaven Seeds, Byd Yuan Australia, White Stag Book 2, Ferrets For Adoption Near Me, Diane Foley, 49ers Logo Transparent, Tyranny Endings, Eratosthenes Contributions To Math, Quinn Hockey, Grantaire Les Mis Musical, Eli Manning Twitter, Copper Hen Yelp, The Borderlands Game, Rattlesnake Meaning In Telugu, Ultimate Frisbee, Wind Speed Today, Talesrunner Mac, New York Pizza Aspen, Cancer Man And Leo Woman Soulmates, Troy: Fall Of A City Season 2 Trailer, Browns Cambridge Menu, Emma Hawkins, Shark View In 3d, Cerro Rico Translation, Leicester City Transfers 2020, Texas Election Results 2020, Baby Copperhead Tail, Tyrod Taylor Fantasy, Enter The Gungeon, Veiled Chameleon For Sale, Riotinto Stock Predictions, Ravens 2000 Roster, Bellevue Chamber Of Commerce, World On Fire Cast, Gws Shop, Paterson Review, Thompson Chicago Parking, What Will Be The Newest Country, Von Miller Stats, Aspen Conservation, Nicole Trunfio Bio, Spurs Golf, Washington Huskies Roster, Enormous Sycamore Meaning, The War Of Art Review, St Regis Residences For Sale, Swot Analysis, Brandin Cooks College,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *