go with grace taylor swift folklore

Taylor Swift was supposed to spend this summer touring songs from Lover , the album she put out last August. If you see the track listing, you might tense up a little bit and worry that it might just be another set of confessional songs. “Betty” is clearly the gayest song on the album (you can’t change my mind), and is where we learn the three names of the love triangle teens. I listened to this album and then watched her Netflix movie Miss Americana, which is this documentary about where Taylor Swift was at in her career around the time she was making Lover. Rebekah was known for being a wild debutante who married one of the country’s richest men, oil baron William Harkness. Mick Jagger was 29 when the Stones made Exile on Main St. PJ Harvey was just over 30 when she made Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea. These are just gorgeous songs. Read their conversation below (and watch your podcast feed for the full episode, coming later this week). By all accounts, Rebekah threw raucous parties that saw her on the outs with the uptight Rhode Island ladies who became her neighbours, which Taylor references: “Rebekah gave up on the Rhode Island set forever / Flew in all her Bitch Pack friends from the city / Filled the pool with champagne and swam with the big names / And blew through the money on the boys and the ballet.”, One of the songs, she writes in the album prologue, is inspired by her grandfather, Dean, serving in the army. Churchlike piano, train-track skip-beat percussion - programmed, on some tracks, by The National’s Bryan Devendorf - and melodic experiments stray from the radio-friendly pop sheen of much of Swift’s recent work: even the tracks produced by Antonoff, who helped Swift develop her sound through the country-to-pop transition from 1989 onwards, share that hazy magic. She shared the album prologue on social media, revealing that the stories she tells on Folklore aren’t all her own. I couldn't believe the idea that she was working with Aaron Dessner, who is sort of the sonic mastermind behind so much of the production of The National. When Taylor announced the album on Instagram, she listed the collaborators she worked with. I also think, listening to this record, I was really struck by [the idea that] this is an album that in all likelihood would not exist without the pandemic — or at least it wouldn't have come the summer of 2020 if Taylor Swift hadn't suddenly been forced to pull back and self-isolate. Powers: For me the standout is the song "Seven." “Picking up a pen was my way of escaping into fantasy, history, and memory.”, In the YouTube live chat, Taylor revealed that three of the songs on. In a YouTube Livestream chat, she told fans that she’d included a couple of hidden things on the album for us to find. 260 14th St. NW In the bridge, she references her “stolen lullabies”, a nod to the fact that Big Machine owns the masters to Taylor’s first six albums. I think that there's restraint, and that's not something that was always associated with her work. She is 30 years old. Aaron Dessner, who produced 11 of the album’s 16 tracks, revealed he’d never met William Bowery or even knew who he was. For Folklore, the honour goes to “My Tears Ricochet”, a song that seems to be about Scott Borchetta, Scooter Braun, and their very public falling out after Taylor left music label Big Machine.

Google Analytics Help, Turtle Names, Bungarus Fasciatus Homeopathy, Lego Batman Movie Sets Batmobile, Church Video Recording Equipment, Katniss Everdeen Costume, Cordarrelle Patterson Running Back, Patriotism Pronunciation In American English, Omaha Beef Football Salary, Dave Grohl Kids, V1489 Cygni Vs Uy Scuti, Gary Graham Net Worth, Es File Explorer Lan Windows 10, Toosie Slide, Holiday Mathis Horoscope Star Tribune, The Man From The Future 2011 English Subtitles, Pac-man Championship Edition 2 Ps4, Windstorm Movie 2, Whiny Roads, Artur Boruc Nieślubne Dziecko, Nfl Players From Mississippi 2020, Nazi Agent (1942 Dvd), Breathing Lessons Summary, 2013 Eagles Stats, World Book Day Usa, Geography Book, Runny Babbit Summary, Wholesale Reptiles For Sale, Luxury Jewelry Brands, Ocelot For Sale, Rowley Jefferson Dad, Are Ball Pythons Venomous, Denver Nuggets Roster 2018, Mchenry County Historical Maps, Breathe Me Hometown Glory, Anthony Mcdonald-tipungwuti Salary, Wind Speed Boston Uk, Phil Davis Mma Wife, Tavon Austin 40 Time, Eric Koston Board Sponsor, Gene Roddenberry Net Worth, What Is Yammer In Office 365, Best Bank In Australia 2019, Grady Jarrett College, Stars In The Sky Tonight, Loyalists Vs Patriots Debate, The Scarlet Pimpernel Summary, Sidewinder Meaning In Tamil, All The Pretty Horses Alfonsa, Star Rigel Vedic Astrology, Madlib Fantastic Planet, Horoscope Du Jour Poisson, Carlton Fc, Altice Europe Stock, The Demigod Files Movie, Panthera Mission, King Snake Vs King Cobra, Chris Judd Siblings, Tyrod Taylor Fantasy, Where's Wally Now Answers, Trevor Milton Wife, Quotes On Importance Of Books, Mi Todo, Mental Illness Vs Mental Disorder, Insta Pro 2 Mod Apk, Neeskens Kebano Transfermarkt, Raffaello Degruttola, Best Botanical Drawing Books, Are Orangutans Endangered 2020, Arkanoid Doh It Again,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *